Monday, April 6, 2009

Product reviews: Sustainable Youth® Technologies range

Sustainable Youth® Technologies is a new range of evidence-based organic, natural and green nutricosmetic, cosmeceutical and nutraceutical products. The company website explains everything a lot better than I am able to, so check it out: http://www.sustainableyouthproducts.com/.

Sustainable Youth® Technologies Immune Performance™ products all contain Alasta™, which is a propriety blend that contains Aloeride®. This is derived from aloe vera, and research has shown it can be a potent immune-stimulatory ingredient.

The company takes a holistic approach, healing from the inside out as well as using topical skincare. The products are free from animal-derived ingredients and animal testing, so no worries there for vegans. The people at Sustainable Youth sent me their products to try, and I am really liking them, so here are my reviews.


Immune Performance™ Elastifirm™ Supplement with Alasta™

Packaging: A small plastic jar with a plastic screw-on lid
Price: USD$65
Size: 60 capsules
Suitable for: All skin types, and the capsules are vegan also
Available at: Sustainable Youth® website
Pros: Vegan, small pills, no side effects
Cons: None

Verdict: The directions are to take one supplement in the morning and one at night. I have no trouble remembering to do this, because I already take medications at morning and night anyway, so I have been taking these regularly. They are only about a centimetre long and very easy to swallow.


Immune Performance™ Revitalizing Serum

Packaging: A plastic bottle with a pump-top and a clear plastic lid
Price: USD$80
Size: 30ml
Suitable for: All skin types:
Available at: Sustainable Youth® website
Pros: Non-greasy, smells nice, a little goes a long way

Verdict: Very nice! One of the first things I noticed was the serum smells sort of like ginger beer! It’s non-greasy and I don’t need to use too much of it, because a little goes a long way. It contains some really great natural ingredients, including Alasta™, Rice Extract, Green, and White and Rooibos Tea Extracts. I have not used a serum before and I like this one.

Immune Performance™ Elasticity Cream with Alasta™
Packaging: A plastic bottle with a pump-top and a clear plastic lid
Price: USD$80
Size: 30ml
Suitable for: All skin types:
Available at: Sustainable Youth® website
Pros: Non-greasy, nourishing, a little goes a long way
Cons: None

Verdict: Like the serum, a little goes a long way. This is a nice light moisturiser. It leaves my skin nourished, but not greasy. Makeup goes on smoothly over the top of it. I apply this after the serum. This moisturiser contains a long list of impressive natural ingredients such as Alasta™, Organic Olive Oil, Natural Jojoba Oil, Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Shea Butter, and Green and White Tea Extracts.


The products are designed to be used together, and one of the first things I noticed was that my skin cleared up a lot. I had been getting a few pimples, nothing major, but still annoying. But after I started using the Sustainable Youth products, the pimples quickly went away within a few days, and my skin looks a lot better now. Also, my skin had previously been a bit dry and flaky (despite having had pimples), but it has improved a lot, and feels smooth and firm.

I am in my twenties, and I don’t have any signs of aging, but I do feel that my skin is in a better condition since I started using these products, and it definitely can’t hurt to start using anti-aging products. This is a very effective range of products, and I highly recommend them!

No comments: