Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Eye makeup removers

I have to confess, the eye makeup remover that I use is not at all natural. I wear contact lenses, and the only natural eye makeup remover I've found that states it is suitable for contacts lens wearers is Aveda Pure Comfort Eye Makeup Remover, $54 for 125ml, which is too expensive for me. I wear eye makeup every day, so I go through remover pretty fast.

Before I wore contacts I used almond oil, which worked well, although it was...oily, but then you'd expect that, using an oil. It made my eyes a bit blurry, but that was ok, because it would be just before going to bed that I'd take my eye makeup off.
Apart from the Aveda one, the only natural eye makeup removers that I've seen available are Living Nature Eye Makeup Remover, $25 for 100ml, and Viola Organics Eye Makeup Remover, $9.50 for 25ml.

I could maybe try and make my own remover, though I don't know what I'd use. Aloe vera and glycerin, maybe? Any contacts lens wearers who are reading this have any tips?

No comments: