Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Body Shop Nature's Minerals

A lot of brands have been bringing out mineral makeup lines lately. The Body Shop has recently launched Nature's Minerals. The Nature's Minerals line consists of:

Foundation SPF25 5g $45, available in six shades

Cheek Colour 2g $30, available in Pink Quartz, Golden Terracotta, Warm Copper, and Brown Topaz

Eye Colour 1g $25, available in Platinum Silver, Radiant Graphite, Golden Emerald, Pink Opal, Bronzed Amber, and Molten Brown
Foundation Brush $38
Blusher Brush $36
Eye shadow brush $20

There are no unescessary fillers in these products - all you'll find is minerals and clay. The SPF is higher than any other mineral makeup that I'm aware of. While this makeup is somewhat expensive, it is a lot more affordable than some other minerals on the market.

I got the foundation in the lightest shade using the 20% off birthday voucher which I got from the I Love My Body Club. I didn't buy the foundation brush; I used a powder brush to apply it. I really like it - it gives good coverage, and it has a matte finish, thanks to the clay I suppose. It is also supposed to be good for blemishes - due to the zinc oxide, I guess.

I also bought the eye shadow in Golden Emerald. It's a little bit more sheer than I'd like, but it works well when I layer it over a brown eyeshadow. I didn't buy the eyeshadow brush, I used one which I already had.

No comments: